Work for Brothers Services, A Baltimore Sun Top Workplace
Are you an experienced remodeling professional with excellent leadership abilities? If so, we are excited to talk to you about joining the Brothers team.
Remodeling Project Managers are responsible for, but not limited to oversight of assigned personnel, vendors, and sub-contractors in the residential construction arena. This is a position of leadership and ambition, including but not limited to onsite decision making, learning new products and procedures, and embracing innovation. Daily operation duties will consist of directing of assigned field staff and controlling the job site conditions, budgets, and timeline.
At Brothers, we follow what we refer to as "The Brothers Way." This philosophy describes what we do, day in and day out, to create a predictable, positive experience for our customers, characterized by five attributes: Fairness, Attentiveness, Innovation, Trust, and High Standards. We take pride in our reputation as Maryland's most trusted name in home remodeling, and we want to become every family's Contractor for Life. So, our focus isn't just on providing high-quality services. It's about creating a lasting relationship with our customers. We're looking for remodeling team members who share this philosophy.
Do you have:
- 5 years of experience in the construction industry as a Lead Carpenter (required)
- 5 years of experience Carpentry and Home Improvement mechanics (required)
- Layout and planning expertise with the ability to read blueprints and plans
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools, quality craftsmanship, and building codes as they relate to residential applications
- Experience in Rough and Fine Carpentry as well as drywall, concrete, and trade work
- MEP knowledge including installation and products.
- The ability to interpret and explain plans and contract scope terms to assigned staff, vendors, and sub-contractors
- Leadership ability to direct and supervise assigned staff
- The ability to study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects via IC and PM
- Knowledge to prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports (daily updates and weekly reports)
- Action mindset to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Ability to confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems
- Experience in the using computer programs such as outlook, excel and a strong ability to learn software and programs quickly
Note: Inappropriate clothing, wearing no shirt, cut offs and tank tops, clothing with holes, and dirty/stained clothing is not permitted on any job site. Offensive language and comments are not tolerated.
Then we have:
- Market-leading weekly payroll
- Paid training and time off
- 401k retirement savings
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- A company gas card
- A company truck
- Helpers and Subcontractors