Location: Throughout Maryland
Compensation: Pay Commensurate with Experience
Our Lead Mechanic Position is responsible for, but not limited to oversight of assigned personnel, vendors, and sub-contractors in the Residential construction arena. This is a position of leadership and ambition, including but not limited to onsite decision making, learning new products and procedures, and embracing innovation. Brothers Services Company requires the Lead Mechanic to have exceptional oral and written communication skills, team leadership abilities, experience in directing and educating employees and subcontractors, as well as meeting deadlines and budget requirements. Daily operation duties will consist of directing of assigned field staff and controlling the job site conditions, budgets, and timeline.
- 5 years experience in the construction industry as a Lead Carpenter.
- 5 years experience Carpentry and Home Improvement mechanics.
- Blue print and plan reading.
- Layout and planning expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools, quality craftsmanship, and building codes as they relate to Residential applications.
- Experience in Rough and Fine Carpentry.
- Experience with Drywall, Concrete, and trade work.
- MEP knowledge including installation and products.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract scope terms to assigned staff, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Direct and supervise assigned staff.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects via IC and PM.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports (daily updates and weekly reports).
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Experience in the using computer programs such as outlook, excel and a strong ability to learn software and programs quickly.
- A neat, clean, and groomed appearance is required. Inappropriate clothing, cut offs, tank tops, clothing with holes, and or dirty/ stained clothing is not permitted on any job site.
- No shirtless staff permitted on any jobsite.
- No offensive language or comments permitted on any jobsite.