Work for Brothers Services, A Baltimore Sun Top Workplace
Are you a construction professional with experience in the home improvement industry and the ambition to grow your career? If so, we are excited to talk to you about joining our carpentry team.
Our Carpentry Apprentice/Mechanics Helper Position is responsible for, but not limited to complete compliance and following the direction of the Lead Mechanic to whom you are assigned. This is a position requiring ambition, learning new products and procedures, and embracing innovation. Brothers Services Company requires the Mechanics helper to excel in the use of hand and power tools, trade skills, and a passion for the industry, trade, and your career advancement.
At Brothers, we follow what we refer to as "The Brothers Way." This philosophy describes what we do, day in and day out, to create a predictable, positive experience for our customers, characterized by five attributes: Fairness, Attentiveness, Innovation, Trust, and High Standards. We take pride in our reputation as Maryland's most trusted name in home remodeling, and we want to become every family's Contractor for Life. So, our focus isn't just on providing high-quality services. It's about creating a lasting relationship with our customers. We're looking for carpentry team members who share this philosophy.
Do you have:
- 2 years of experience in the construction industry (required)
- 2 years of experience in Home Improvement (required)
- Familiarity with hand and power tools (square, tape measure, circular saw, drills, and hammer)
- Ability to follow directions, ask questions, and stay productive
- Punctuality and reliability
- Drive and ambition with the desire to learn and advance your career
- An effort to build a tool collection of standard industry hand tools and power tools
- Care and responsibility when using others' tools
- A neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance (required)
Note: Inappropriate clothing, wearing no shirt, cut offs and tank tops, clothing with holes, and dirty/stained clothing is not permitted on any job site. Offensive language and comments are not tolerated.
Then we have:
- Market-leading weekly payroll
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Paid training and time off
- 401k retirement savings
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits